Blue Ribbon® Oriented Strand Board (OSB) Rated Sheathing is an engineered wood structural panel used in wall and roof sheathing. Panels contain no core voids, knots or splits. The product is made of compressed wood strands arranged in three perpendicular layers and bonded with phenolic resin.
Multi-layered bonding provides exceptional dimensional stability and stiffness, and a remarkably smooth surface. These panels offer strength, racking and impact resistance, uniformity and excellent fastener retention.
An excellent choice for roof deck and wall sheathing, Blue Ribbon OSB Rated Sheathing is available in span- and exposure-rated sheathing. All Blue Ribbon® OSB panels are span-rated and Exposure 1 rated for protected construction applications that require the ability to resist moisture during construction delays. An exclusive blue-edge coating helps reduce moisture absorption.
Sustainable Advantages of Building with BlueRibbon® Oriented Strand Board
- Has an exclusive blue edge coating to help reduce moisture absorption.
- Can help earn points in multiple green building rating programs .
- Is Green Approved by the NAHB Research Centre so you can be assured that it complies with specific green practice criteria in the National Green Building Standard.™
- Plus, Blue Ribbon OSB panels are made from Sustainable Forestry Initiative®
- (SFI®) certified responsible wood sources. The SFI program promotes sound forest management and integrates the perpetual growing and harvesting of trees with the protection of wildlife, plants, soils and water.
Sustainable Benefits of Building with Wood
- Wood products are made from trees – a renewable and natural resource.
- Wood contributes fewer greenhouse gas emissions than its non-renewable counterparts, steel and concrete.
- Wood is a better insulator than concrete or steel – 15 times better than concrete and 400 times better than steel.
- Wood panels are more resistant to temperature transfers than metal frames and masonry materials, helping save energy.
* The lengths we offer are 2440mm by the width 1220mm and thickness 11.1mm. Different thicknesses are available on request.