Global Innovative Building Systems now offer a full line of ENERGY STAR® rated roofing shingles, that provide protection and increased energy efficiency.
- ENERGY STAR® is for roofs too. Similar to the energy-efficient appliances in your home, roofing products can provide energy-saving qualities. Owens Corning™ ENERGY STAR® rated roofing shingles can help reduce your energy consumption, when installed correctly. These roofing shingles reflect solar energy, decreasing the amount of heat transferred to a home’s interior. Actual savings will vary based on geographic locations and building characteristics. If interested in these roofing shingles, please note a 6-8 week lead time.
- A roof does not only compromise of roofing shingles but a total protection roof covering, these components and layers work together to help increase your roof’s performance and durability.
- Roofing shingles combine consistent quality with longer-lasting beauty. Our TruDefinition® colours give roofing shingles a specially formulated contrast of colours, which provide rich, deep dimensions and beautiful curb appeal.
- Owens Corning provide a Limited Product, Wind and Algae resistance warranties, when installed correctly by an accredited installer (Global Innovative Building Systems have a professional contractor network for all your requirements).
- The total protection roofing shingles system is extremely lightweight (weighing in at 22kgs/m²) in comparison to many roof coverings, this is another way Owens Corning is keeping up with constant innovation and technological breakthroughs.
- The asphalt shingle has rigorously been tested for fire safety, achieving the International UL A1 Fire Rating, it has also been tested locally and passing the ASTM E 108 and the SABS ‘burning brands’ test.
- Ease of erection is another advantageous point from both an installers point of view, as well as the homeowner, when time-constraints are at hand.
- Exceptionally low on maintenance provides you with the peace of mind, to hardly ever have to worry about your roof again. Replacing a new roof is something most homeowners do only a few times in their lives. Do it right and you will add decades of beauty to your home, if done wrong, you may end up multiplying your initial investment in repeated repair costs.