The success and experience gained in Advanced Building Technology systems has led to the appointment of Everite Building Products as a licensee of Hebel Autoclaved Aerated Concrete by the Xella Group. Everite Building Products is the only producer of AAC in Africa. Global Innovative Building Systems is proud to be one of the Distributors for Everite Building Products.
AAC building blocks as a building material has gained a considerable share of the international construction market since its inception in the 1920’s in Sweden. Today, it maintains its reputation as the building material of the future. It is viewed as a revolutionary material that offers a unique combination of:
- Thermal insulation
- Sound absorption
- Unsurpassed fire resistance
- 3 x faster than regular brick and mortar
- 1 quarter the weight of conventional concrete
Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) is made from sand, lime, cement, water and aluminium powder acting as a foaming agent to form homogenous cellular structure, known as calcium silicate hydrate.
3 Different Sizes of AAC Blocks:
Our AAC range is produced as a block. It has a density of 600kg/m3 and is particularly lightweight. Block sizes are equivalent to 9 conventional bricks (600x250mm). Internal wall thickness is 110mm with a mass of 10.5 kg / block. External wall thickness is 150mm and a mass of only 15.2 kg / block.
Panels are 600mm wide. They are either 100 or 150mm thick. Lengths are in increments of 300mm ranging from 2,4 m 2,7m or 3,0m. These panels are a quarter of the weight of conventional concrete panels.
Being a masonry product, AAC blocks provide the attributes of being solid, strong and secure – all of these normally only with traditional bricks. With a 5MPa compressive strength and rated for building up to 4 stories.
High speed of construction:
Using the AAC blocks are faster to construct and require significantly less labour when compared to traditional masonry construction techniques leading to substantial savings and reduced on-site costs depending on the finishings required.
- Building with the blocks also means a cleaner, safer work area during construction and less clean-up at completion of building.
- Fast installation and easy workability with simple tools result in lower construction costs.
- Can easily be cut and shaped like wood with simple hand tools.
- Chasing for plumbing or electrical cables can be done by hand or with a wood router.
- Smooth finishes can substantially remove plastering trades.
Outstanding Fire Resistance:
- Non-combustible and renowned for its highly fire resistant properties.
- For example, a 150mm thick AAC wall withstands direct fire exposure for up to 6 hours.
- A standard 110mm thick AAC wall can withstand temperatures of 4 hours.
Thermal insulation in winter and summer:
The enhanced insulation performance is 5 x that of brick of the same thickness. The thermal efficiency reduces the reliance on heating and cooling appliances, and provides up to 60% reduction in heating and cooling costs.
- AAC travels further – more square meters of walling per load.
- The lightweight and size characteristics of AAC blocks allows for reduced transport costs when compared to conventional brick
Thermal: Allows the interior to remain cool in summer and warm in winter
150mm wall = U – value of 0.85 W/m²K
= R – value of 1.17
- 100mm wall Rw=40dB
- 150mm wall Rw=46dB
Cost Effective Building Material:
- Savings up to 15% in structural costs attributable to low mass to strength ratio properties of AAC
- Reduced weight of walls:
- Typical brick and mortar wall load is approx. 350kg/m²
- AAC block wall load is approx. 90kg/ m²
- Improved labour and time savings
- Improved transport cost reduction
- Improved reduction of waste
- Improved plastering
Blocks: SANS 50771-4:2014/EN 771-4:2011
Specification for masonry units – Part 4: Autoclaved aerated concrete masonry units. Specifies the characteristics and performance requirements of autoclaved aerated concrete (AAC) masonry units for which the main intended uses are types of load bearing and non-load bearing applications in all forms of walling.
Agreement Certification: 2016/509
Rational Design on request